- An open network, with five Copernicus Relays, with a coordinating function on local, regional, cluster and national levels.
- Supporting, promoting and stimulating digitalization and new business solutions based on Earth observation data from the Copernicus project
- Bundling the local expertise in the civil use of Earth observation close to the needs and offers of citizens, administration and businesses, and will share them with ogher Copernicus Relays, Academies and new Earth observation players.
- Three of the Copernicus Relays have a regional focus (Basilicata, Bavaria, East Midlands) one has a national focus (Norway) and the fifth contributes the expertise of a space application company (GMV).
- NEREUS, the network of European Regions using Space technologies comprises 26 regions. NEREUS is active in exploiting the benefits of space technologies while supporting European regional space policies.
Cordinet organizes joint outreach and dissemination activities, bilateral events, and aims to link users and suppliers of services that use Earth observation data.